Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What a bummer. :(

Well, folks, I hate to say it but I've had to change the comments part of this site so that only registered users can comment. Since just about everybody and their dog has a Google account this shouldn't be limiting, but I have to admit I've enjoyed some of the rhubarbs I've had with anonymous posters over the years. There have been some doozies.

Recently, though, somebody who didn't have the courage to leave his/her name left an obscene comment in a thread under an old, old post. I'm glad I caught it because it would have been a drag for somebody else to have found it. Call me anything you want, I don't care - but (surprisingly to me) a fair number of people read this blog and I won't have THEM abused by cowardly assholes.

Anyway - if you want to leave a comment, from here on out it's going to ask you for a user ID of some sort. When I've done this on other blogs it's allowed me to use my screen name (mountaingirl1961) and so there is a teeny tiny level of anonymity remaining. Again, sorry for the hassle, but this is a prime example of one bad apple ruining it for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment